Bryan, Dave, Rachel, Martin and Kyle talk about the Rankin Bass/Toho coproduction , King Kong Escapes (1967).
Bryan, Rachel, Dave, Martin and Kyle say goodbye to 2015 with an epic Daikaiju Discussion for the Toho/Rankin Bass co-production, King Kong Escapes. Overall, this didn’t fare too well with a couple of the cohosts tonight, but that’s their problem because the rest of us loved it! King Kong Escapes is a bit of a weirdo amongst it’s brethren kaiju films for a number of reasons and it was no surprise to us that it’s production and backstory were just as interesting as the film.
We don’t cover any news on this episode, per se, but I’ve included some links below that relate to some of our topics that were broached in our discussion. We had a lot of King Kong related music requests, so I’m happy to have honored a couple of them and also including some other requests. I hope you enjoy the episode as much as we did recording it!
MERRY MONSTER MUSIC:
1. King Kong by Tarantula Ghoul and her Gravediggers from Graveyard Rock (1958)
2. Doctor Who’s Last Moments by Akira Ifukube from King Kong Escapes (1967)
3. Stomp Tokyo by the Creeping Cruds from The Incredibly Strange People Who Stopped Living And Became… (2007)
4. King Kong Escapes US Trailer (1968)
5. Eiyuno Uta (Opening Theme) by Alfee from Ultraman Ginga S (2014)
6. King Kong by Frank Zappa from Lumpy-Money Sessions (2009)
Mark your calendars, the next LIVE Emergency Broadcast is scheduled for January 31st at 2pm PST – we are currently looking for sponsors and booking our guests for the show!
We are super excited to talk about our next discussion film, get ready for Gamera 3: Revenge of Irys (1999), the final piece in Shusuke Kaneko’s amazing kaiju trilogy. We’ll be watching the Mill Creek Entertainment blu ray that was released in 2011. If you’d like to be included in the episode, please make sure to turn in your homework before January 22nd.
Kyle, Jeff, Bryan & Rachel discuss the slew of Godzilla news from around the globe!
A very holiday episode of the Kaijucast awaits you, dearest listeners. We cover a lot of backlogged news items and then tacked on a Yak Attack at the end of the show.
We’ll be back really soon with a Daikaiju Discussion for King Kong Escapes (1967) but we do really hope that you enjoy this episode.
MERRY MONSTER MUSIC:
1. Baragon’s Theme by Heavy Melody Music from Godzilla Unleashed (2007)
2. Monster Christmas by Sakaguchi Daiichiro, Watanabe Takemi, Raimon Kenbo from Monster Christmas (1970)
3. Behold The Colossus by Clutch from Psychic Warfare (2015)
The hosts of the Kaiju Kingdom Podcast (Chris and Jessica) join Kyle for another nerdy discussion of Giant Monsters!
This episode has been a long time coming. I sat down with Jessica and Chris from the Kaiju Kingdom Podcast back in March when I visited Los Angeles (Burbank specifically) for Monsterpalooza and this year has been so nuts that it’s taken nine-ish months to get it into the feed. If you haven’t checked out their podcast, you can find it at PanzerCrush.com. Chris, Jessica and I talk about what kicked off their love of giant monsters and what prompted them to fire up a podcast about the subject. All in all, it’s a fun conversation (a little dated at the moment – especially with all of the Godzilla Resurgence news that has broken) and I’m glad I found a good spot to include it in the feed.
MONSTER MUSIC MINUTIA:
1. Main Title by Nobuhiko Morino & Akira Ifukube from Godzilla Final Wars (2004)
2. Go Big Or Go Extinct by Ramin Djawadi & Tom Morello from Pacific Rim (2013)
Don’t forget about Kong! That’s right, we are talking about King Kong Escapes (1967) this month, so please have your homework sent inby or before December 23rd to have your thoughts, questions and reviews included in the discussion.